Depending on where you live, it’s getting hot out there! (And maybe even humid — yuck).
That’s when a nice frozen treat really hits the spot. Like a popsicle. Especially when it’s made out of fruit and fresh ingredients you put in yourself. Yum!
Don’t have a popsicle mold? No problem! Grab some cups, muffin tins, loaf pans, or ice cube trays. Popsicles can come in all sizes and shapes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A container to shape popsicles — ice cube tray, muffin tin, loaf pan, or cups.
- Popsicle filling — yogurt, fruits, juice, puddings (see below).
- Popsicle sticks — standard popsicle stick, spoons, or anything that is over three inches.
- Plastic wrap or tinfoil — this will hold up the popsicle stick while it freezes.
- A few common kitchen supplies — a mixing bowl, spatula, and something to mash or cut up the fruit (a sharp knife).
- A healthy boost — a daily dose of your favorite PuraTHRIVE vitamins (8 pumps = 1/2 tsp on 2oz bottles).
Try mashed fruit (including blueberries, strawberries, peaches, mangos, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, oranges, and bananas) blended with juice (pulp in or out), your favorite yogurt, or even pudding.
You can also add your favorite PuraTHRIVE Micelle Liposomal vitamins for added flavor and nutrients — without adding any sugar!
Try B12 for a berry flavor, D3 for a citrus flavor, Radiant C for an orange zest, or B Complex for a banana citrus tang!
Try out these recipe ideas below:
Iced Coffee Popsicle
Combine 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 – 1/2 cup cream or milk of choice, 1 tbsp maple syrup (or preferred sweetener to taste), and 1 cup of brewed coffee. Blend ingredients, pour into molds, and freeze. Great for that coffee fix without the warm drink!
Frozen Fruity Popsicle
1 cup mashed fruit of your choice, 1/2 tsp PuraTHRIVE D3/B12 OR 1 tbsp Radiant C/B Complex, 1/2 cup juice, 1/2 cup plain yogurt. Blend ingredients, pour into molds, and freeze.
- Line your popsicle containers with plastic wrap (optional).
- Create your popsicle filling by adding all ingredients to a blender and blending until smooth.
- Fill each section with popsicle filling and smooth top with the spatula.
- Cover container with plastic wrap or tin foil.
- Place a stick in the center of each section. If you are using a loaf pan, place sticks 1 inch apart (recommend two sticks per slice and cut between sticks for more manageable portions).
- Freeze for at least 5 hours.
- If using a loaf pan, with a sharp knife slice loaf pan popsicles 1 inch apart, leaving sticks in the center of each slice.
- Let thaw for 2 minutes before removing.
- Store in a freezer bag.
There are many different ways for you to make this delicious treat! If you have a favorite smoothie recipe, try freezing it and having it as a popsicle! It’s a great way to not only cool down, but to get a boost of nutrition!
Our favorite PuraTHRIVE product to add is our Radiant Vitamin C. The orange flavoring is absolutely delicious. On top of that, it can give you the vitamin C your body needs since it is in an absorbable form!
Want to learn more about how adding in vitamin C can benefit your health? >>> Click here.