Want to mix things up a bit with breakfast? We have the perfect recipe!
Maybe you’ve already had tofu scramble. But even if you have, we promise that this tofu scramble will knock it out of the park!
If you’ve only had scrambled eggs, give this tofu recipe a try! You may be pleasantly surprised with how tasty it can be. Due to the nature of tofu, it is plain and tasteless. But it absorbs the flavor of whatever you mix it with. This makes the possibilities endless!
Check out this scrambled tofu recipe:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ½ cups tofu (or 1 “brick”)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 pumps (½ teaspoon) PuraTHRIVE Micelle Liposomal Turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup water
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands and add to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine the nutritional yeast, dill weed, garlic powder, turmeric, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl with the water to form a thin sauce. Whisk with a fork to remove all lumps.
- Pour this mixture into the saucepan and stir frequently. The turmeric will give the tofu a nice golden glow. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
This recipe is also great if you have any guests who don’t eat eggs. You can impress them with your tofu scramble abilities!
And adding turmeric that can actually be absorbed helps give the dish a nutritious boost!
How much of a boost?