This easy twist on tacos gets you out of the kitchen and to the table faster. This lettuce taco wrap recipe goes from skillet to plate in just 15 minutes. Using chopped, ground, or vegetarian meat with wholesome ingredients, you can feel good about every bite!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lbs of 90% lean ground beef, chopped flank steak, ground chicken, ground pork, rice, or veggie ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped avocado
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped red or green pepper
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional – if you like it hot)
- 1 cup shredded cheese/cheese substitute (optional)
- 1 head of lettuce leaves rinsed, stocks removed, and leaf left whole (use romaine, green leaf, or collards)
- ½ cup drained chopped tomatoes (optional – this prevents meat/rice from drying out)
- 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll need to do:
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground meat, veggie meat, or cooked rice and stir until brown (approx 10 min) and reduce heat to low.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the skillet.
- Mix in seasonings and simmer for 5 minutes on lowest heat.
- While meat/rice is simmering, prepare chopped ingredients and layout lettuce on paper towel to dry.
To make individual taco wraps
- Fill lettuce leaves with hot and cold ingredients (not too full)
- Top with salsa and a spritz of lime (optional)
- Tuck in sides of lettuce leaf and roll up. That’s a wrap!
Feeds four to six people. Enjoy!
Boost this recipe!
Want to give these tacos an extra surge of nutrients with every bite?
Add a serving (1/2 teaspoon) of PuraTHRIVE’s Micelle Liposomal Turmeric to your tacos with the other seasonings!
This will offer a fresh taste and an array of health benefits!