We’re all about the healthy snacks here at PuraTHRIVE!
And it’s totally possible to turn some of your favorite snacks into healthier options. Usually, it’s a matter of swapping out ingredients like processed flour or sugar with more natural alternatives. There are many healthy options to choose from. For example, using brown rice flour or spelt flour to replace white flour. Brown rice flour is gluten-free and often minimally processed, making it easier to digest. Spelt flour is milled from spelt berries and adds a mild sweetness to baked goods. It’s a lighter whole wheat flour that contains less gluten than conventional wheat and can replace it in almost any recipe.
Another way to make a recipe healthier is to replace refined sugars with fruit, natural flavoring like vanilla, or spices such as cinnamon. Fruit is sweet and, unlike refined sugar, doesn’t contain empty calories.
Today’s recipe follows this advice.
The base of this treat uses almonds instead of flour. Plus, it gets a lot of its flavor from our Micelle Liposomal Vitamin D3 + K2.
Try these cool and creamy snacks for a treat that will not only help keep your digestive system moving smoothly, but provide all of the sunshine vitamin you need — without the sunburn!
Here’s what you will need…
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or another preferred sweetener)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (you could also use coconut yogurt to make this a dairy-free treat!)
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh chopped strawberries and/or raspberries
- 16 pumps Micelle Liposomal Vitamin D3 +K2
- 6 muffin tin liners (optional)
Here’s what you will need to do…
- Place 6 muffin tin liners into the muffin tin (optional — you can also add directly to non-stick muffin tin)
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed almonds, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Spoon a small amount into each muffin cup
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, honey, Vitamin D3 + K2
- Spoon 2 tbsp into each muffin cup
- Top with fresh chopped berries
- Freeze until firm (approximately 6 hours)
- Allow the tin to sit at room temperature for 8-10 minutes before serving.
For another healthy snack recipe, click here and learn how to make Turmeric Chia Pudding!
If you have any healthy snack recipes you’d like to share with us or ways to shake this recipe up even more, we’d love to hear about it! We’re always open for a healthy conversation! Just send us an email at email@example.com.
The 5 Best (and Worst) Sweeteners You Can Eat; Where does your favorite sweetener line up?, Health Essentials, April 28, 2020 / Wellness, Cleveland Clinic, https://health.clevelandclinic.org/5-best-and-worst-sweeteners-your-dietitians-picks/
Gold, B., Give Your Baking a Healthy Upgrade With One of These White Flour Alternatives, December 06, 2019, Real Simple, https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/healthy-flour-substitute
Natural vs Refined Sugar: Why the Difference Matters, Oct 30, 2017 | Wellness, Healthline, https://www.healthdesigns.net/natural-vs-refined-sugar/